Every so often a car comes along that is a bit of a mixed bag. Great styling, but questionable performance. Great interior, but too boxy on the outside. When that happens manufacturers tend to listen and will redesign the vehicle for the next model year. It so happens that there are five such specimens in 2012 that should be much improved in 2013 or 2014.
- Hyundai Veloster…great styling will be matched with better performance in the 2013 model year. Good car for college students.
- Dodge Ram…Chrysler opted for a total revamp for the 2013 Ram. The most notable are the improvements in aerodynamics and a beefy V6 for fuel efficiency.
- Chevy Sonic RS…take a small car, add engine performance, 17 inch wheels, stiffer suspension, and tighter handling. Yeah, the 2013 RS should be a hoot to drive.
- Chevrolet Corvette…the ZR1 is currently chewing up Ferrari. Now comes the C7. The 2013 entry will offer 440 plus hp, an improved interior(FINALLY), and plenty of eye candy from the outside.
- The 2014 Jeep Liberty is rumored to fly in the face of conventional Jeepishness. The revamped Liberty will forgo 4WD and offer easier handling, fuel efficiency, and, gasp, a comfortable interior. Yes, we apologize for butchering the English language with Jeepishness.
So if you want one of these babies, you should maybe save that new auto loan for new year: 2013 (2014 model year).