September remains the month with the best new car deals. Being the end of the model year, dealerships offer great deals to clear their lots of excess inventory during this month. These deals are especially keen for models that have been either discontinued or redesigned, since, the thinking goes, buyers will be less eager to buy a car that is notably outdated.
Edmunds.com has scoured the inventories to identify the best new car leftovers for the year and have found that the following vehicles that are about to be replaced by redesigned models offer both top vale and quality performance.
- The 2012 Lexus ES 350 needs to move to clear the way for a new model sporting a dramatic exterior.
- The long-popular 2012 Nissan Pathfinder is to be replaced by a Pathfinder that is more fuel efficient.
- The 2012 Chevrolet Impala will be replaced by a complete redesign in the 2014 model year.
- The 2012 Ford Mustang is now a great deal for lovers of the pony who don’t have much cash in their pockets.
- Seemingly having been around forever, the 2012 Honda Accord is a good buy since the 2013 version has been completely redesigned.
- The 2012 Chevrolet Malibu is being sold with large discounts and incentives.
- The 2012 Ford Fusion is going away to make way for the larger and wholly-redesigned 2013 Ford Fusion.