The time has come for the end of the year awards to start rolling in. We’ve got Channing Tatum as this year’s sexiest man alive, Gangnam Style the YouTube video of the year (and forever), and Popular Mechanics ten favorite cars of the year. Man, I love this season.
Now, we all already understand Tatum’s sexiest and how fun it is to dance Gangnam Style, so let’s get right down to the car list. First off, you’ve got to know that Popular Mechanics does not merely select supercars to populate its list, after all, “popular” is in the magazine’s name. No, the publication goes for cars that you and I might own.
Popular Mechanic’s favorite cars on 2012 are:
- Ford Escape, Car of the Year, Base Price: $23,295
- Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S, Fun to Drive, Base Price: $26,245/$24,930
- Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, Performance, $55,250
- Ram 1500, Hauling, $23,585
- Cadillac ATS, Luxury
- SRT Viper, Design, $99,390
- Nissan Pathfinder, Versatility, $28,270
- Tesla Model S, Techical Innovation, $49,900
- Hyundai Elantra GT, Value
- Prius C, Fuel Efficiency